OPTICAL BEAM ANALYSIS MODULE AP013
Optical Beam Analysis Module AP013 is the image processing and analysis system, developed especially for optical beam parameter analysis such as optical beam profile measurement, NFP/FFP analysis, collimated beam analysis, EF(Encircled Flux)/EAF(Encircled Angular Flux) analysis etc. It is widely applicable to optical beam profile measurement of various optical device and module such as optical fibers, lasers, optical modules and so on.
In combination with Synos' optical measurement optics M-Scope series and image sensor ISA series, it is possible to apply to various beam profile application from visible to near infrared spectral range.
Optical Beam Analysis Module AP013 is all-in-one set system, composed of PC for data processing, Optical Beam Analysis Software Optometrics BA Standard (or Optometrics BA Basic), driver software for image sensor, calibration data set for beam profile analysis. It is possible to start up measurement system quickly after system introduction.
Furthermore, in the latest version (Optometrics BA Standard ver 3), optical power distribution measurement function (D4σ, D86) analysis function has been added, in addition to the conventional beam profile analysis. High performance laser beam profiler can be constructed in combination with various optical systems and imaging detectors.
- All-in-one set system, composed of PC for data processing, optical beam analysis software, driver software for image sensor, calibration data set for beam profile analysis. It is possible to start up measurement system quickly after system introduction.
- Synos' original beam profile analysis software Optometrics BA Standard, high functional analysis software specially developed for optical beam profile application
- Optical beam parameter analysis function, essential function for various beam profile measurement and analysis.
- Optical power distribution analysis function
- EF (Encircled Flux) / EAF (Encircled Angular Flux) measurement function
- <NEW>D86 analysis function
- <NEW>D4σ analysis function
- You can also select Optometrics BA Basic whose function is limited to light intensity profile measurement only.
SYSTEM COMPONENT SELECTION GUIDANCE
- Personal computer system for image processing and data analysis : 1set
- OS: Windows 10 professional 64bit
- Processor: Intel core i5 (or corresponding specification)
- Main memory: 16GB (or corresponding specification)
- Optical beam analysis software Optometrics BA Standard (Ver. 3) : 1 license
- Software install media (CD or USB memory) : 1
- Software license key (USB key) : 1
- Driver and interface software for detector
- Calibration data set for measurement
- Supported SYNOS' detectors
OPTICAL BEAM ANALYSIS SOFTWARE : Optometrics BA Standard (Ver. 3) / Optometrics BA Basic (Ver. 3)
SELECTION GUIDANCE (FUNCTION COMPARISON CHART)
|FUNCTION||Optometrics BA Standard||Optometrics BA Basic|
| Image acquisition
|Live image display, Image averaging, Image integration, dark carrent correction||←Compliant with Optometrics BA Standard Features|
|Image center setting function||Peak intensity position, Beam center of gravity position, Profile peak position, Profile width center position, Any specified position||←Compliant with Optometrics BA Standard Features|
|Conversion value setting function||Setting and display of conversion value, Various analysis by conversion value (pixel/μm/degree)||←Compliant with Optometrics BA Standard Features|
|Indicator/display function||Peak intensity position and maximum intensity value display function, Beam center of gravity position||←Compliant with Optometrics BA Standard Features|
|Beam intensity analysis||Real-time horizontal and vertical beam intensity profile display function, Gaussian fitting function, Automatic search/arbitrary position setting of analysis center position, Arbitrary direction beam profile display function, 3D display of intensity profile, Peak hold function of intensity profile graph||←Compliant with Optometrics BA Standard Features|
|Beam width analysis||Beam width analysis (half width, 1/e2width, arbitrary % down width, unit setting and conversion function||←Compliant with Optometrics BA Standard Features|
|Optical power distribution analysis||EF (Encircled Flux)/EAF (Encircled Angular Flux) analysis function, D86 analysis function, D4σ analysis function, Output of each data||There is no optical power distribution analysis function in Optometrics BA Basic|
|Other analysis function||Total intensity analysis function in ROI, Time series graph display (display of time series change of peak position and center of gravity position of beam)||←Compliant with Optometrics BA Standard Features|
|Image display||Grayscale image, Binarized image, Pseudo color image, Equal intensity line display, Normalized image||←Compliant with Optometrics BA Standard Features|
|Image / data save||Image save (TIFF/BMP/CSV), Intensity profile (CSV),Hard copy of measurement screen (JPEG/BMP)||←Compliant with Optometrics BA Standard Features|
|External control and communication of software||Option (Socket Communication External Control Software AP013-ExC)||Option (Socket Communication External Control Software AP013-ExC)|
OPTICAL BEAM ANALYSIS SOFTWARE Optometrics BA Standard
Overview of Optometrics BA Standard (Ver. 3)
Optical Beam Analysis Software Optometrics BA Standard is Synos' original image processing and data analysis software with highly advanced analysis function, specially developed for optical beam profile application.
It is applicable from simple optical beam observation to various optical beam profile analysis such as NFP/FFP analysis, collimated beam analysis. In combination with Synos' Optical measurement optics M-Scope series and image sensor ISA series, it is possible to apply to various beam profile application.
Additionally, optical power distribution analysis functions such as EF(Encircled flux)/EAF(Encircled Angular Flux) measurement and analysis function of multimode optical fiber, POF etc., D86 analysis function, D4σ analysis function are supported as standard function.
Furthermore, it is also possible to select Optometrics BA Basic, which is limited to the intensity distribution analysis function, excluding the optical power distribution analysis function from Optometrics BA Standard.
Functions of Optometrics BA Standard
Basic functions (optical beam profile measurement and analysis)
Main operation window of Optometrics BA Standard
This is main operation and analysis window of Optometrics BA Standard.
In this window, it is possible to operate almost all the command for control and measurement such as image acquisition, image sensor setting, beam width measurement, beam profile measurement, conversion rate set, save and load of image and data, etc, intuitively.
Additionally, as attached function, total intensity calculation function inside specified area, beam profile display function between two random points, etc. are available.
EF (Encircled Flux) / EAF (Encircled Angular Flux) analysis function
EF/EAF analysis function
EF(Encircled flux)/EAF(Encircled Angular Flux) measurement and analysis function is supported as standard function, useful for optical mode diffusion analysis of multimode device such as SI/GI type multimode fiber, POF, polymer waveguide module for OPCB substrate and so on.
EF (Encircled Flux) / EAF(Encircled Angular Flux) analysis and graph display, EF / EAF mask display and edit function, EF/EAF data and image data save/load function, etc. are supported. Additionally, it is possible to execute "D86" analysis, which is calculated from EF/EAF analysis data.
Analyzed EF/EAF data can be saved as csv data format.
Beam width analysis, <NEW>power distribution analysis ("D4σ" analysis function)
4σ Analysis function
Optometrics BA Standard performs beam intensity profile analysis, measurement of half-width, 1/e2 width, and arbitrary % down width. In addition, it has useful analysis functions such as Gaussian fitting of profile, arbitrary direction profile, and total intensity measurement in ROI.
Furthermore, "D4σ" analysis function (standard on Optometrics BA Standard) is added as a new function. This performs power distribution analysis of beam by 4σ analysis method, and calculate XY width or long and short axes width and inclination. Analyzed graph data can be output in csv format.
OPTION : SOCKET COMMUNICATION EXTERNAL CONTROL SOFTWARE AP013-ExC
- Software to control each function of Optometrics BA Standard/Basic from external software by TCP/IP Socket communication(WinSock)
- Analysis parameters are basically changed from the main software screen, but some parameters can be changed by commands.
- Analysis results can be obtained with commands, but image and profile data can not be sent and received between this software and control program.
- If image and profile data are required, save instruction (SAVE, REP) from control program to this software is saved. Then, the stored image and profile data are referenced in the control program.