WAFER LEVEL OPTICAL CHARACTERISTIC MEASUREMENT SYSTEM FOR VCSEL(LIGHT EMITTING DEVICE)
Wafer Level Optical Characteristic Measurement System For VCSEL (Light Emitting Device) is to test various optical characteristics of light emittimg devices such as VCSEL, etc. under wafer level. In addition to the electrical characteristics measurement, optical characteristics, such as NFP, FFP, IVL, polarization, etc, can be measured under wafer level.
By combining prober systems for semiconductor failure analysis, such as semi-automatic/manual probers, with our Sophisticated Optical Measurement Optics For Prober M-Scope I/PFW, FFP Measurement Optics M-Scope type F, IVL Measurement Module PMD002/IVL, Polarization Measurement Module PMD002/POL, etc., various characteristics are measured under wafer level. In addition, it can be used for automatic measurement of mass-produced devices in combination with the semi-automatic prober system.
- Wafer level electrical and optical testing of various light emitting devices such as VCSEL in combination with manual/semi-automatic prober system
- Achieves automation, speedup, and efficiency of various types of measurements through the function of linking with Form Factor's semi-auto prober system.
- Synos’ M-Scope series optics such as Sophisticated Optical Measurement Optics For Prober M-Scope I/PFW, FFP Measurement Optics M-Scope type F, IVL Measurement Module PMD002/IVL, Polarization Measurement Module PMD002/POL, etc., can be equipped. Optical system selection and system upgrade are possible according to the measurement item.
- Synos’ optical measurement and analysis software, Optometrics Customised Version For LD, is equipped.
- Various functions such as control of semi-automatic probe station, collection and management of optical and electrical analysis data acquired by Synos’ optical system and various measurement system, management of sample data and measurement recipe etc. are installed. It is available to both mass-production measurement and discrete measurement.
- Optical and electrical characteristic analysis of various light emitting devices such as VCSEL, etc. on wafer level
- I-V-L characteristics, beam profile (NFP/FFP) analysis, polarization characteristic, emission spectrum measurement, etc.
SYSTEM COMPONENT SELECTION
SYSTEM BLOCK DIAGRAM (STANDARD CONFIGURATION)
SYSTEM COMPONENT (STANDARD CONFIGURATION EXAMPLE)
- Measurement optics selection
- Sophisticated Optical Measurement Optics For Prober M-Scope type I/PFW
- FFP Measurement Optics M-Scope type F
- Photometric module selection
- IVL Measurement Module PMD002/IVL
- Polarization Measurement Module PMD002/POL
- Imaging detector
- for 400~1100nm：High Resolution CMOS Detector ISA071/ISA071GL
- for 950~1700nm：InGaAs High Sensitivity NIR Detector ISA041H2
- Probe station joint part
- Optical system adjustment mechanism (Motorized or manual stage system for optics)
- Motorized stage control system
- Mounting platform for prober system
- Probe station
- Semi-automatic prober system or manual prober system
- About prober system, please refer to Form Factor Web site
- System control and data analysis part
- PC for system control, data processing and analysis, data management
- Software for system control, data processing and analysis, data management Optometrics Customized Version For PD
- Interface etc. (cf. GPIB, image acquisition and processing hardware, etc.)
- Measurement instruments
- Measurement instruments
- SMU (Source Measurement Unit), LD Pulse Test System, Optical Spectrum Analyzer, Semiconductor Device Analyzer, etc.
- Accessory, peripherals
- Shield box
- Vibration isolated table
- System rack
OPTOMETRICS CUSTOMIZED VERSION FOR LD
Optometrics Customized Version for LD
The measurement items vary depending on the measurement target, measurement content, measuring instrument, measurement procedure, and operation method.
In the Optometrics Customized Version For LD, customization of software is needed through preliminary arrangement with customer. The following is an example of measurement items.
- Analysis of photo detector device
- I-V-L characteristic
- Optical beam profile measurement
- NFP (Near Field Pattern) measurement
- FFP (Far Field Pattern) measurement
- Polarization, extinction ratio
- Emission spectrum, etc.